Gender Lens Investing Resources Published in 2016
Our own Jackie VanderBrug wrote the book, Gender Lens Investing: Uncovering Opportunities for Growth, Returns, and Impact. During the eight years Jackie spent working at Criterion she played a vital role in our gender lens investing program and continues to be one of the most well known voices in the field. It’s a truly brilliant book.
Impact Alpha has a entire section of its site devoted to gender lens investing. We particularly like these two articles:
- Every Day is International Women’s Day for Sustainable Development Goals – Impact Alpha
- Unstranded Assets: Reaping an Economic Dividend From Women’s Equality – Impact Alpha
Other notable articles include:
- Past Present and Future of Gender Lens Investing – True Wealth VC
- Capital Women: 9 Gender Lens Investors to Know About – Joy and Jackie are both mentioned in this Inside Philanthropy article
- The Business of Women – Financial Times
- Sustainable Investments Surged by Third to $8.7 Trillion in 2016 – Bloomberg
- Why The Founders Of Allbright Invest 100% Of Its Funds In Women Entrepreneurs – Forbes
- Investing in Inclusion: Women, Peace, and Development in Africa – ReliefWeb
- Why Financial Advisors Are Missing the Boat – Yahoo Sports
- Culture of Peace: Peace — A wise investment – World Bank Group
- Analyzing Stocks Against Environmental, Social and Governance Risks – Jakarta Post
- The Gender Agenda – FA
- Economic Benefits of Investing in Women’s Health: A Systematic Review – Onarheim, et al.
- Research: The Gender Gap in Startup Success Disappears When Women Fund Women. Harvard Business Review, July. Raina, Sahil.
- The Public Equities Scan from Veris Wealth Partners
- Fast Forward by Melanne Verveer and Kim Azzarelli
- The World Bank’s Little Book on Gender
- Policy Frameworks to Support Women’s Financial Inclusion. AFI and Women’s World Banking
- Putting Gender Diversity to Work: Better Fundamentals, Less Volatility. Morgan Stanley
- On the Road to Parity: Gender Lens Investing. UBS
- The Sky’s the Limit: Increasing Social Investment Impact with a Gender Lens.Young Foundation
- Delivering the Power of Parity: Toward a More Gender-Equal Society – McKinsey & Company
Lastly, but certainly not least, Luisamaria Ruiz Carslile wrote this wonderful poem to celebrate the gathering we had of leaders in gender lens investing in March. The moving poem is entitled “We are Alice”.
(To see 2015’s list click here)